Ace Club's Awesome Hummus
  • Ace_ClubAce_Club
    This is by far my favorite hummus that I have ever made (I prefer it with the optional red pepper blended into the mix). The addition of the Cayenne Pepper gives the dish a little kick that people love.

1 can Chickpeas (drained)
    1/3 cup tahini
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    2-3 cloves Garlic
    2 tbsp Olive Oil
    1 tsp Salt
    1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
    1 tsp Cumin
    (Optional: 1 fresh Red Pepper, cut into slices for easier blending)

Add all ingredients to a blender and blend to desired consistency. If mixture is too thick, add additional Olive Oil in 1 tbsp increments.
  • ThymThym
    mmmmmm.... sounds great. i like hummus a little spicy.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ceanntceannt
    What the heck is Tahini????
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • ThymThym
    ceannt said:

What the heck is Tahini????

Tahini or sesame paste (Arabic: طحينه‎), is a paste of ground sesame seeds used in cooking. North African, Greek and West Asian tahini is made of hulled, lightly roasted seeds. East Asian sesame paste is made of unhulled seeds. The Arabic word tahin (طحين) simply means flour (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tahini)

:)
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    i make mine the same way, minus the cayenne, the tahini, and the cumin. i always roast the red peppers before blending. there's way more flavor from roasted peppers.
    The pinnacle of lame and awesome in one singular moment. -Lake
  • ceanntceannt
    Oh......... thanks.
    Not sure I can get that here in town.... but I bet I can get it in Leesburg VA...
  • viking73viking73
    Just made it.

Quite good but I had to sub sriracha for the cayenne.
  • ceanntceannt
    Found the Tahini.....
    Cool....